Ingredients for Ginger Panko Crusted Mahi Mahi
- 2 fillets of Mahi Mahi. (I buy them at Whole Foods for $5)
- 2 Tablespoons of panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoon limes
- one cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Take a pan and pour the broth. Bring to boil and add the fish, cook both sides for about 2-3 minutes. Put aside and make sure each side is dry. Keep some of the broth aside for later. Peel the ginger and garlic and chop finely. Put the ginger and garlic in the food processor, add the panko crumbs, olive oil and a teaspoon of broth and mix it all together.
Place the fish on an oven tray and cover each fillet with a good dose of the panko ginger crust. Add some of the broth to the tray (the tray must be deep enough) and cook in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Serve with a fresh yellow cherry salad or grilled asparagus.